Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Life Dilemma

Ok. Trauma nurse? or EMT? or trauma nurse? or EMT? Since 7th grade I have wanted to be an EMT (emergency medical technician). Then I decided that EMT hours were not ideal. So then I turned to nursing and I did an internship in the ER at the hospital. Then I went to college and here I am. Up until recently I was okay with being a trauma nurse. It wasn't a first responder, but it was a next-to-best thing. In fact, being a trauma nurse was starting to sound rather nice. But now I am not so sure. Almost daily I hear sirens, and they pull at my heartstrings like nothing I've known. Everytime I hear sirens I just feel a pang of longing and I want to follow the sirens. I don't know why, it isn't something I can control. I just really really want to be an EMT. And don't think I haven't considered ways of getting an ambulance to come to me. If there is one thing that would distract me enough for me to get in a car accident, it would be an ambulance.
So what do I do? Tomorrow a local firestation is having an open house. I am going of course. This is like Christmas coming early!

No comments: