Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Visitors #1 and #2

I had my first visitor. I think I may have been too excited. I opened the door before she finished knocking. Sorrynotsorry.

The first weekend of October brought one of my bffs Lora and cousins! I bounced between the two for the weekend and I think I did everything there is to do in New York City. My feet were tired.

We respected the art at the Met:
 Got a gorgeous view of my city at the Top of the Rock. I am still disappointed that Jimmy didn't come to see me- he is so inconsiderate of my time.
 I thought it would be a simple task to get a picture together. I could not have been more wrong.
 
 
 Just know that it was super bright outside and we were both on the verge of going blind.
 After hanging with Lora and her crew for a couple days I switched over to my mom's side of the family. I got to hang out with Shannon and her family! They came for a birthday weekend to celebrate Mykelin! Happy Birthday! We met up in Times Square on what has been the rainiest day thus far.We took our activities indoors including M&M World and the Disney Store.
Shannon was lucky enough to snag ticket to A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder and it was so, so great. I really didn't know what I was getting into but I walked out a dedicated fan. I highly recommend it!
 Oh and then we got to meet the cast and I took a picture with this smokin' hot guy- Bryce Pinkham. He plays Monty in the play. Keep him on your radar. In the words of the Fates- it's gonna be big.
 Then I took them on what I have decided is one of my most favorite things about the city- the Staten Island Ferry. It is one of the most simple things but I just love, love, love it.
Oh look! The pirates came for a visit! Those rascals, messing up my Lady Liberty picture.
 
 Somehow I got a picture of the ladies but not the gentlemen (sorry guys).

It was definitely one of the best weekends- family and friends in my city! Stay tuned for another visitor. 

No comments: