Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sins Confessed

This is probably part 1 of many. I sin a lot.
Once upon a time in the summer of 2010 there was a girl named Jenna. Each week she mowed the lawn for $10. Included in mowing the lawn was picking up the pine cones that had fallen all over the ground and throwing them away. This was Jenna's least favorite part about mowing. What many people don't know about Jenna is that she has a bright mind and a quick wit. With these two talents in hand, she quickly realized that if she threw the pine cones into the bush she wouldn't have to walk all the way over to the trash with said pine cones. The plan was brilliant and was pulled off perfectly. Each week she simply took the 5 or 6 detestable pine cones and threw them into the bush never to be found.
Then one day she came home from work and found that the hiding bush had been removed. Someone had taken the beloved bush and thrown it away. All that was left was some dirt. and some pine needles. and lots, and lots of pine cones. Oops. Jenna had been found out!
So now with my sins clearly visible for all to see...I confess. I did it. I'm not sorry I did it. I'd probably do it again if given the chance. In fact, I know I would.

No comments: